5.14.2014

Meet the Characters // Jill

Hello!

The second character in my book that I'd like y'all to meet is:

Jilleen ("Jill") Williams

Excerpt from Chapter 5~

 Jill, who hadn’t said a word yet, could hardly contain herself now. She quickly clamped a hand over her mouth and turned her head away in an attempt to keep from giggling, but her shoulders shook in suppressed laughter.
         David noticed Jill’s struggle and grinned, cocking his head slightly. “Gonna make it?” he asked. A look of amusement spreading across his face.
         Jill forced herself to look at him. “Sorry.” She said, trying so hard not to laugh.
         “Don’t apologize to me!” he paused. “Or were you laughing at me?”
         Jill didn’t answer but just shrugged her shoulders and smiled, despite the fact that she knew she was blushing.

The elegant young Jill is a good friend of David's. She has a fun-loving, bubbly and outgoing sort of personality, and talks in really long sentences when she's nervous. She's very much a peacemaker and doesn't like conflict, though she does have a bit of an independent streak that shines through from time to time. In the first book, Jill gets caught up in an "adventure" with David as they try to uncover the mystery of the Old Man's Path. But when David has a change of heart and dares to stand up against false and deadly teaching, she finds herself caught between wanting to avoid conflict and what she knows is right. 

Jill will become more of a main character in the second book. I have not titled it yet, but God really helped me bring the outline for it together in the last week or so, and I'm excited to see how it will turn out! Look for more info about it in the near future!

4 comments:

  1. Hey Keri! I read all of the posts you've done so far and really enjoyed them! I enjoy writing and when I was thirteen ( I am now 15) a friend and I decided we wanted to write books just for fun. We would write a little each week and read each others as we went along... Due to a lack of time and motivation we've abandoned that project, though I still have the notebook. I really do enjoy writing though and have since then actually started another story based in the late 1800's about a rather tom-boyish girl who is about to become betrothed. I am thinking about pre-ordering your book! I hope you put more excerpts up! Okay, this comment is getting pretty long! -Rebekah

    Calicoclodhoppers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rebekah!

      Thanks for your comment! I am planning to post more excerpts from the book in the future, so keep an eye out! :)

      Keri

      Delete
  2. Carry on with your story writing. All the best.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog. I would love to hear from you!